Microsoft 365 Busines Voice is the all-in-one communication solution for small and medium businesses (SMB) that Microsoft released in Canada in the fall of 2019. It integrates with Microsoft 365 (formerly Office 365) and brings together calling, meetings, and messaging in one single application, Microsoft Teams.
Let’s look at some of the ways SMBs can benefit from integrating Microsoft 365 Business Voice into Microsoft 365 and Teams.
Integrating Microsoft 365 Business Voice to your Microsoft 365 subscription brings together calling, chat, and meetings in an all-in-one application. This allows your team members to quickly start a call from Teams, Outlook, or a mobile device. It also provides improved collaboration by giving the ability to collaborate in the Office application within calls and meetings. Add to this the capability to work across Teams and Outlook seamlessly with unified contacts and calendars, and voila, you have an all-in-one unified communication solution.
Call from Anywhere
Microsoft 365 Business Voice provides several features that help deliver the ability to call from anywhere.
For example, only one phone number is used across all communication devices from computers to mobile phones to desk phones.
Other examples of features that enable call from anywhere are:
- The ability to turn a call into a group meeting without hanging up or redialing.
- Provide a dial-in conference number to add flexibility to meetings
- You can choose from a range of personal and shared devices built for Teams
Secure, reliable and rich calling
Let’s face it, when it comes to phone calls and communicating internally with colleagues or externally with clients and partners, it needs to be reliable, secure and have all the features we are used to when it comes to a cloud based solution. Microsoft 365 Business Voice provides security, reliability and features that provide that rich calling experience.
What are some of those features?
- Cloud calling features such as consultative transfer, music on hold and call park
- The ability to work as a team with group call pickup, delegation, and shared line appearance
- Use built-in auto-attendants and call queues, or connect your contact centre software
- Built-in redundancy and load balancing which improves uptime.
Another benefit for SMB’s of integrating Microsoft 365 Business Voice is the streamlined management. Setting aside the fact that having a single provider for your communications needs saves time and money, some examples of how Microsoft 365 Business Voice provides streamlined management include:
- The admin console is the Teams Admin Center which makes things like adding phone numbers simple.
- It comes with a call analytics and quality dashboard which helps monitor and resolve performance issues.
- You can use calling plans from Microsoft or a third-party provider.
If you want to learn more about Microsoft 365 Business Voice, reach out to MicroAge. Visit us at https://www.microage.ca.